The 1st Namur International SUP Race has been a huge success.
It is the first time that an international SUP race was organised in Belgium and it has been a big challenge for the organizers to make it possible, we want to thank them for this event.
With a 5* EuroSUPA Long Distance race Elite 14′ the best European SUP Racers gathered in the beautiful city of Namur, Belgium
It was definitively a race not to be missed for the top athletes trying to get the most ranking points.
But it was also a GREAT, FUN event as it was part of the ” NAMUR HAPPY SUMMER “ festival with a big party, Music, DJ’s, food, Blob Jump, Outrigger Canoes, Slackline etc… Everything was made for people to have fun and spend a great weekend !
Note : All registered athletes received a VIP pass for free drinks and food !
We saw a fierce competition in both Elite Men and Elite Women division, the course was set in the city center with spectators cheering at the competitors making the race very exiting !
In the men division Eric Terrien took the lead followed by a strong Yohann Cornelis. After the 1st lap Eric took off and made a gap on the group of followers. The finish has been an exiting sprint for the 2nd place with Yohann getting a well deserved 2nd place followed by the top Dutch paddler Martin Van Deth, the Italian Fabrizio Gasbarro and Peter Bartl from Austria.
In the women division Olivia Piana took and early lead but Celine Guesdon never gave up and passed Olivia on the last stretch of the course.
There will be some changes in the overall rankings after this race so stay tuned for more updates !
The Provisional date for this event for 2013 is June 22 so write it down on your agendas because we hope to see you all there !
Next race in the EuroSUPA Calendar is in Italy for the Italia Surf EXPO July 13-15 with a 3 Stars Beach Race !
Official Results Eurosupa 2012 Namur***** (Belgium) Elite 14′ :
(Times no availables, sorry for the inconvenience)
ELITE Men :
1. Eric Terrien – FRANCE 5000pts
2. Yohann Cornelis – FRANCE 4300pts
3. Martijn Van Deth – HOLLAND 3650 pts
4. Fabrizio Gasbarro – ITALY 3350pts
5. Pieter Bartl – AUSTRIA 3050pts
6. Belar Diaz – SPAIN 2915pts
7. Rico Leroy – FRANCE 2750pts
8. Olivier Garet – FRANCE 2640pts
9. Olaf Schwarz – GERMANY 2500pts
10. Ricardo Haverschmidt – HOLLAND 2440pts
11. Renaud Noyelle – FRANCE 2375pts
12. Guido Meier – GERMANY 2310pts
13. Dennis Vander Panne – HOLLAND 2250pts
14. Filip Genies – BELGIUM 2190pts
15. Jean-marc Nys – FRANCE 2125pts
Elite Women :
1. Céline Guesdon – FRANCE 5000pts
2. Olivia Piana – FRANCE 4300pts
3. Laetitia Isnardon – FRANCE 3650pts
4. Sigrid Baumgartner – AUSTRIA 3350pts
5. Chantal Van Ruler – HOLLAND 3050pts
6. Andrea Moravcova – GERMANY 2915pts
7. Petra Offermanns – GERMANY 2750pts
8. Joelle Terrien – FRANCE 2640pts
9. Carla Schellart – HOLLAND 2500pts
Action pics : http://www.facebook.com/gautierhoubaphotography (If you like the photos, please like the photographer’s page ! )